The City Rooms is a Georgian, Grade I listed wedding venue and banqueting hall with boutique bedrooms in the heart of Leicester city centre. In 1792 work began on an elegant building intended to become the premier hotel of Leicester. It was designed by John Johnson, a Leicester Architect. In a report of the day, it was described as ‘a building of stone blocks’. The front porch was to be a feature of the hotel, with paired Roman Doric columns supporting the porchway entrance. This was flanked by four flat windows. On the second floor, there were to be three windows, equally spaced, each of the three lights with semi-circular heads, divided by Ionic columns.
Each of our events is co-ordinated by one of our specialist event co-ordinators who will be on hand to help and assist every step of the way to make your day every bit as special as it should be. What’s more there are a range of function rooms available and in-house chefs to cater to your requirements.
Our most popular package is:
- 2 Course set menu from the choices below
- Half a bottle of wine each
- Security provided from 8pm
- Exclusive use of the Bar and Dining Room for reception drinks
- Hire of the Ballroom for your event
- A separate function room should you hire in a photographer to take pictures
- A dedicated Events Co-ordinator to help with any queries you have (myself)
- 2 Parking spaces for the organisers
- Table stands and numbers
- Candelabras as centre pieces and tea lights decorated throughout the venue
- Use of the PA system in the Dining Room and Bar area
- Tables set up with cutlery, crockery and linen
80+ guests £38pp